View Single Post
      01-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyddobbler88 View Post
I actually used on of those kits by meguires and it turned out good but not great and then two months later . . . more cracking then before. And if your lights are really hazzy and bad I dont care what there advertisments say, those lens cleaning kits do NOT help at all. Mine were getting bad but not too noticable when I used it, Im just a neat freak and notice the slightest things starting to go wrong and try to fix them before the fully do. So it seems new lights are the only way to go and oem are sooo exspensive. Also I'm almost certain you cant just replace the lense but it would be a life saver if you could.
Just a note, be sure to apply the "sealant" that comes with the kit once in a while---with the kits, what you're doing is basically sanding down a layer of the plastic. You also remove whatever UV protection layer there was on the plastic. It is important to use the sealant once in a while after you use the restorer kit; otherwise, you'll be back to yellowish haze in no time.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0