11-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #478
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrian View Post
Hello everyone; thought I'd finally check in. I've been reading these forums for months, as research before buying my dream car. I've now owned my M Coupe for a couple of months and could not be happier with the choice, I just can't stop smiling behind the wheel, mile after mile.

I want to thank you all for the impressions you've left here, the passion behind these amazing cars is a part of what drove me to get my own.
Hello, Gyrian! Here's some Fort Worth related info for ya...
  1. If you didn't purchase the wheel/tire warranty (and you plan on keeping the Contis on) then go back and get it. Fort Worth roads are hell. I've had the car a year and a few months and I'm about to put my third set of tires on due to road hazards. (Two sets of driver's-side tires were victims of 7th street in front of Montgomery Plaza).
  2. Go to the dealer as little as possible... go to Lonestar Bavarian on Vickery as much as possible. (I go to LoneStar for my Alignments, interim oil changes, tech inspections, and even had them program my BMW Alarm Retrofit kit after I installed it).
  3. Get involved at HPDEs at Motorsports Ranch (Porsche club is the best, followed by Drivers Edge and Apex Driving Academy). Absolutely the best way to learn our little beasts and the track, being fairly tight, is excellent for a stock setup (and there are no walls anywhere, just nice grassy run offs).
  4. Get an aggressive alignment performed and maximize the negative camber in front. Helps tremendously with the under-steer without affecting the tires much (in fact some report that it actually evened-out their wear).
  5. Let me know where you're going to be...we can't both show up to the same party wearing the same car.

Last edited by jragan; 11-18-2008 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: mis-spelling
Appreciate 0