View Single Post
      12-27-2018, 08:52 AM   #72
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed///M View Post
Hey guys, i am new to these forums. Just purchased a 2006 Z4M coupe, with a low 30k miles. Just needed some opinions on your long term experience with Fortune Auto Coilovers. How is the ride and handling? The car is in storage for the winter, so only going to be driven on nice summer days. And never going to be tracked. Do i need to go the roll cage route like Finnegan mentioned earlier? to have a solid build. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Hey! You are local to me!

You only need rear enforcement if you do the "true coilover" setup (spring on shock in the rear). The standard for our cars is the divorced spring mounted separately in the rear.

I have had the FA 500 kit for the last year (swift springs, 9k/11k spring rates, radial bearings, valved for street and autocross use) and they have been really tolerable on the street. Nasty bumps not so much, but nasty bumps were still pretty bad on stock suspension.

I have noticed on occasional big bumps the rear spring does bottom out (I understand this is common on coilover set-ups). I am considering swapping in some TC Kline rear springs to help with this issue, since they use the "beehive" spring design allowing for more spring movement.

IMO, they ride better than the koni adjustable/BMW OEM sport springs on my 3.0i. If you want to see how they handle (both on street and in an autocross environment), come out to a Windy City BMW event once spring arrives! I would be more than happy to take another Z4M owner along for a ride!

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 0