01-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #11
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriuSen View Post
Hi,

So I am about to buy a z4m that is pretty much track oriented. it has cage, harness, all weight reduction as possible besides AC, solid bushings, etc.
So I came here for the first time at this forum yesterday. read about 5 pages of the track session, but unfortunately noticed that there arent many info or if there are, they are very old and i dont want to revive every single thread lol. So its not like I didnt searched...i did, but I actually would appreciate if I could get updated information for my questions since I noticed many settings were changed over the months, which means that this car is still relatively new for track. I will try as much as possible update with my trial and errors and describe what worked for me and what didnt to try to help future track guys.
I read many crazy stuff on this forum, like more camber on the rear than on the front, sway bars only on front others sway bar only on rear, zero toe, toe in etc etc etc....so I have no idea where to start from. I learned from my previous experince that I would love to make as less mistake as possible, because every mistake cost money and I dont want to try all the possibilities available. (ive done this before and im too old for this now)

so, before I start my questions, I would like to say that I am moderate to agressive driver, I like to trail brake every turn I can all the way to the apex and get on gas asap even if its 3% of gas but focus that on/after apex, I am on gas no matter what. on corner exit, I go agressive, but not to the point that I need to counter like crazy, but sometimes I do little counter-steer. I thought I had to explain a little since every driver has its style. so here you go:

you car has:
aero?
tires:r-comps/slicks/street?
Wheel size and offset + tire size + spacer/no spacer?
sway bars?
what coilover?
spring rate?
camber and toe?
tire pressure HOT?
Any setting you tried that you would advise me not to?
Care to give a brief explanation why you like your setting? Entry corner/apex/exit, fast corners, etc etc?

Thank you very much! And hope to get as many track freaks as possible to give their 2 cents and maybe this can be a sticker!
1.) Suspension : I'm running MCS 2-way external reservoir coil overs with 750 front / 450 rear spring rates ( rear is converted to a coilover so that would equal a 900 pound spring on stock set up. ) To do this I welded support to the strut towers and tied my roll cage into it. Running -3.4 camber front ,o toe , -2.2 rear, .14 total toe in, with camber plates up front and turner adjustable arms in the rear. Fantastic set up and literally transforms how the car handles.

2.) Wheels: I'm running apex EC-7's 18x9 front 18x10 rear with 265/35/18's 285/30/18's Hankook TD's or Michelin sport cups . No room to run a wider wheel or tire front or rear without a spacer.And no square is not faster with my power and suspension setup lol. Tire pressure for the TD's and Sport cups are best around 35 hot.

3.) Brakes : PFC BBK Z 45 front , Z32 rear with PFC 08 endurance pads.

4.) Differential : 3.82 final drive with a Diffsonline 12 clutch racing diff 30/60 lockup

5.) Aero I have a rear diffuser and thats it for now but have several Varis bits inbound

6.)Engine : running ESS VT -525 with a custom 34 row Setrab oil cooler, and Zionsville radiator for track cooling.

7.) Lots of small details that i won't go into fits in the various category like bushings, motor /tranny mounts etc.

Here is the set up in action in a PCA advance group .

Last edited by gmd2003; 01-18-2016 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 2