View Single Post
      03-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Drkreign
Rep
Drives: Stock except for the CDV delet

Gearing up for my first drift event, need some pointers.

This post is mostly cause I'm ecstatic that I am finally going to do this, but also to get some feelings from people who may have done this before.

Bit of a story- I've owned this car for almost a year now and drive it daily. I have to say as it goes for a daily it is ok, I average about 30 MPG's (my commute is 63 miles one way doing 60-70mph), ride is ok but towards the end of my commute I can tell I want out! But on these beautiful 70+ degree days the car is a blast to drive with the top down just enjoying life. However.........I find myself occasionaly on the back roads of Spotsylvania Va, and this is where I REALLY enjoy this car!

I mean I've owned a 06 GTI with upgraded suspension, a 04 GTI with suspension, a 90 Corrado VRT swap with everything and more done to it and this 03 Z4 is one of the best handling cars on completely stock (sport) suspension! The Corrado comes close, just because it is a very raw feeling car in terms of handling, it is a car that lets you know everything that is going on with the wheels BUT if you go to far with it, then you're toast due to it not having any ABS, anti skid etc. But the BMW only takes a little feeling away but gives you SO much confidence driving it, I feel like I could give Mario Andretti a run for his money

So with all that said, I've owned it for a little while but have never really pushed the car other then once in a blue moon back road fun. Even then, I never let loose with it, not worth risking my life or another drivers for a few minutes of fun. But even with those little bursts I've always wanted to try drifting it. Never owned a RWD and I want to know how the car feels when it breaks loose and try to handle it.

My question-I found a track that is near me and doing a entry level setup for newbies *waves* April 14th. I plan on attending this event to finally get out some pint up road frustration, and to also learn this car better. In case you skipped my story, I have never drifted the car, not even in a parking lot due to cops here are *insert choice word here* and will give tickets if caught. What I want to know is how good is this car going to be at drifting? Any pointers?

*car's specs* 03 BMW Z4 3.0i 6 speed manual w/ sport package, CDV delete is only mod done to car.

Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0