View Single Post
      10-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #12
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

howdy! im gettin ready to do the manifold swap in my 3.0I, and will be posting the full DIY with pics soon as i get my car back from the dealer.

are cars already have the wires and such for the SI 3 stage intake ready to go so all you need to do is swap manifolds.

you can buy a used one here www.car-part.com theirs a few used 06 ones last time i checked for 200 bucks, that alone will net you 10hp dino proven.
the software you need will take advantage of the 3 stage intake manifold for a net gain of 45hp so it will make you to SI levels.

look to spend 200 on the intake used 900 new and 400 for the gitanni tune or AAW tune coming soon i think.

you can either go with the stock BMW SI tune or a Tuned SI Tune theirfore hypathetically making more than an SI for possably as little as 600 dollars.

so a net gain of 45 HP for as little as 600 dollars if all pans out. i will let everyone know once its done.

we have the same exhaust and intake as an SI all that is different is ECU mapping 3 stage intake and bigger brakes and some exhaust tips and badging other than that everything is the same.

the exhaust and intake will net you little gains for a lot of money compaired to this mod.

but in all i stress to wait till all is done as Im not sure of another 3.0I has done this yet so everything is in theory, so we shall see.

one of the reasons i didnt get the M is the maintenence and other factors, the n52 motor is very durrable but not much in the world of mods. plus not as exspensive incase you need parts for but that may not matter to you!
Appreciate 0