View Single Post
      05-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #657
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kklin View Post
Understeer magically disappears because you are starting to learn to look ahead. During autocross school intros, it's common to hear students complain about understeer. At the end of the school, some instructors will ask if the understeer magically disappeared
Never thought of this. But then again, this is the first time I didn't get lost on the track because I showed up early, and had a good general idea of the layout. Hope I can do the same on the longer track next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kklin View Post
The key point is big throttle - you've got to mooossshhh the throttle and not be greedy.

Anyway, you're coming along nicely. Just remember to be sensitive to the throttle.
Thanks! I feel like points of heavy acceleration are the best chance for me to catch up to the more talented drivers going around the corners faster in much less powerful cars, so I get greedy and impatient. I'm gonna try adjusting my driving style for the next race, and then decide if I really need to remove the rear antiroll bars.

I just got an OEM front strut brace, thanks to a complicated dealership experience, which should help the car transition a little quicker. I also got the 90mm Turner stud conversion, along with zinc colored lug nuts. They're MUCH heavier than I expected, but at least the weight will be at the center of the wheel. I'll install them when my fresh hubcentric rings arrive from canada.

Running out of mods on this car. hahahah