02-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #17
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmirage View Post
Please keep us in the loop and let us know how it holds up over time. Also like to know how you had it done. Paint booth? In your driveway? Garage? Approximatly what temperature / humidity? I've seen a few people do it and have it not come out great or last and I suspect it was the method / where they applied it.
I'll keep you guys updated

I did it in a friend's garage... the temp was approximately 86 degrees outside (gotta love Florida )

I took my time and when I was painting I did double coats... back and forth in the same place to create a bigger layer.

One thing that I did notice was that the hood might need 1 or 2 more coats of clear, because it looks a bit thinner than the rest of the car... good thing about plasti dip is that it bonds once you spray it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Z4 View Post
I think it looks great, and is nice and subtle in this color. I like the frozen look the clear gives vs matte solid plastidip.

I agree that now the orange really sticks out. If you can change that it would look even better. Please post closeup pics of the wheels. I take it you spray black plastidip, then the metalizer?
Exactly

This was once I painted it... after that I took all the gold from the tire... just a brush and you're good

I've been thinking about painting that orange with the touch up paint that the car came with...