View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
JeffchaPz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

OP - are you able to turn off traction control off.... hit sport mode and take off as fast as possible form a red light without loosing traction?

I ask.... cus I couldn't. Even thought I need new tires, I practice every time I get a chance and without loosing traction - When I do that I can see the speedometer clime up much quicker.

One time at a red light a dude in a little KIA with a loud exhaust got on my left side and rev it few times... I looked at him - it was clear he wanted some.... when the light turned green I sat on the same spot burning my tires while he took off.... once I changed to 2nd gear I caught up to him and past him - by the time I shift to 3rd... he was tiny in my rear view mirror... you know what I mean?

Don't floor it in 1st or 2nd... learn that trick and let me know if that helps.

I totally agree with what other members have suggested and I'm heading that way. I already have euro headers, I added my name to the list to buy DKF straight S-pipes and I'm ordering my tune this weekend. Now that it's cold/winter I hope to find me a good deal on ultra high perf summer tires. AND I'll be killing the mod-bug once and for all..... I hope

Drive safe.
Jeff.
Appreciate 0