ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank382 View Post
Sorry to bring this back again but I can't seem to find the Z4m faces on venoxy anymore?

First time I put it on I had a small air pocket so the second time around months later I had my shop replace it with another and it turned out significantly worse and the needles are all out of place. Need to buy another one.

Also did anyone find a solution to positioning the needles? Last time I tried this every time I would connect the cluster back to the car the needles would move out of place and I had to keep going through a trial and error process for 4 hours to finally get it right by anticipating where the needles would move after reconnecting.

Also if anyone has a picture of where the needles are supposed to be on the right side when the car is off I'd greatly appreciate it. Lot of frustration with this for me

BTW you can always ask them not to put adhesive on the back of the faces, this way you can just use double side tape if positioning is an issue.

Sound like you have a hard time positioning the needles. Why don't you remove the glass from the cluster and lightly install the needles at the 9 o'clock position, don't push the needle on the pin all the way just a millimeter or so that they just sit on the pin. Now install the cluster and turn the key on to 2nd position and move the needles by hand down to the 0s. Once satisfied with the position press the needles in all the way. Turn the key off/on and check if you are satisfied with the position, now you can remove the cluster again and reinstall the glass.

Hope that helps.
That definitely helps thank you for the advice, going to try that when I get my hands on the new guage face
Appreciate 0