10-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
I live in Foster City so 101 is the best way for me to go. Unfortunately i have to be at work before 9am. I have tried to leave the house aorund 6:30am and it wasnt too bad. Except when there were accidents. The afternoon drives were pretty intensed as i left work around 5-5:30. I guess i just have get use to it; maybe find a nice gym down in Milpitas and avoid the afternoon rush hour traffics. By the way, i thought New Jersey and Massachusetts drivers were bad until i experienced CA drivers
Gym near work is a good idea if the parking/neighborhood is nice. I used to do that when I worked in Oakland and commuted from Walnut Creek. Getting in traffic at 5 or 6pm was like having a root canal most days. I'd be done with the gym around 7 or 7:30pm, and then it was a breeze to get home. Being anywhere on the roads in the Bay Area between 7:30 am and 9am is like having a root canal as well. Leave early, be happier.

Oh, and yeah, people have no idea how to drive here. First, there's just plain incompetent driving. I think you'd have to be legally dead here to not get a license. But that's if there's a license at all, as about 13% of drivers either don't have a license or have a revoked or suspended license. Better yet, a large number have no insurance (20% to 25%). Driving without either gets you, at most, a slap on the wrist. So make sure you have "uninsured motorist" coverage. It's a nice little tax we pay here in CA for covering those who don't have any insurance. Not that I have an opinion on these particular topics or anything.

Last edited by Finnegan; 10-06-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0