View Single Post
      07-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #46
amoore12
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 2.5

I am very interested in the possible solution. My Z4 was made in 04/2004. The airbag light came on so I bought Autoenginuity which turned the light off (code 20 pass seat occupancy sensor) and it stayed off. I recently purchased a set of leather seats from a 2004 Z4 (manufactured in 10/2003). When I installed them the airbag light came back on. Same error 20 as before. Autoenginuity would not reset the light. It would cycle but came back on immediately. As a test I put the original passenger seat back in and tried to reset the light. It would not reset. Very odd. Did something with the replacement seat cause an issue? I understand there is a difference in the sensor from 2003 to 2004 but both passenger seats have the same small box in the rear of the seat, plus according to realoem.com 10/2003 was the cutover date and the new seat should have the same setup as my original seat. I am wondering if something shorted in the system or if something else is wrong as two seats both showing error 20 does not make sense. Too much of a coincidence. Battery was disconnected during all seat swaps. Any suggestions?

Last edited by amoore12; 07-05-2011 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: Info update
Appreciate 0