View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
jdl1pt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M coupe 2007 IL Blue

Help: Thoughts/advice needed

On my way into work this morning I hit a rough spot in our lovely CA highways and bottomed out at highway speeds. Immediately after I noticed an apparent change in engine/exhaust sound coming from the passenger from portion of the car. I was able to continue driving, and made it to work a few miles later. If feels as if I may have lost some acceleration/torque, but this could also be because I was hesitant to push it after the sound change. I didn't notice change in exhaust smell.

When revving the engine with the car not in gear, the noise is still noticed, but not as apparent as when under load. ( I didn't have someone with me to rev while I was outside of the car) I've also noticed what feels like increased engine torque when revving and the car not in gear.

A quick look under the hood doesn't reveal anything. Likewise, the exhaust components under the car, from what I can see, look intact.

My initial thoughts are that it is something in the exhaust system I cannot see at present, or less likely I broke an engine mount.

Any thoughts from the forum is appreciated. Specifically, your thoughts on what has happened, and if driving home (~15mi) is advisable.

Thanks and will be in/out the next hr seeing patients.

|OEM Strut bar|ZHP Knob lighted|RPI Scoop|Zeckhausen Modified CDV|DIY Clutch Stop|Camber shim kit|
Appreciate 0