06-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #61
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
1st day at Mosport. I really love this track. We are so fortunate to have this amount of quality tracks so close. Mosport, Mont-Tremblant, Calabogie... and a little farther... Watkins Glen.

1st and 2nd session under pouring rain. 3rd and 4th on the bone dry.
not only do I have to learn the proper line, but I had to learn 3 other lines based on the conditions. So much data in my brain right now. Exhausted.

This track is so very hilly. And so fast. It isn't hard on the brakes.

Tomorrow is another day. I can't wait.

Mosport is set in a very beautiful area.

I've found nothing as mentally taxing as driving on the track. Like you said, it produces a unique form of exhaustion. But it's so much fun, and it's a good exhaustion.

Sounds like you are learning a lot! 'Kitty has an instructor this time out again but I don't (was going to put some seat time in to reinforce what I learned last time out). So I'll be taking it a bit easy. I need to do some research (or hit up Kitty after the first session) on wet lines....

That sounds like a very fun and exciting track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
I have a great instructor. SHE's very finicky but I know I am improving lots. She will make me take a corner a lower speed every time around until I finally master it. Then and only then I can ramp up speed. The amount of point bys I needed to give today was insane.

Tires are doing quite well. I think the camber plates from TC Kline are helping out on the even wear.
Alignment settings now? Up to -3.0 front? I'll be running -2.5 front this time out zero toe; -1.8 rear (Monday), with Star Specs (235/265) on the stock wheels. Would have loved to put 245/275s on some Apex wheels, but we blew the budget on safety stuff (better helmets, shoes, gloves).

Sounds like you have a great instructor! Mine did the same thing the last time out, slowed me way the heck down until I got the line right on each corner. Got to point quite a few people by too (good exercise for my left arm). But I was much faster by the end of the day and had several perfect laps (braking/line perfect) the last two sessions. Not "fastest", but building a foundation for getting faster! Sounds like you are too!

Enjoy Tony! Great to hear from you!

Last edited by Finnegan; 06-04-2011 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0