11-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #13
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemex12 View Post
wow, i just hope i had a 3.0, this would be a no brainer congrats on a nice performance mod, chances are your car being even faster than a 3.0si after the ecu flash

yes their is a possability it can be faster, it will only be as fast as a tuned SI if i mod it that way, im just going to stick with a tune closly resembling a standard SI map and then in Feb. im going to AA to have them do dyno time.

after the dyno the tru 3.0I "SI" mod will be complete.

the ECU tune that im getting from AA will be a moddified 3.0I map, i will only be pulling SI numbers after the tune in feburary.
the map we will create will then be saved for future customers who wish to do this mod.

I have to take one for the team and pay full price for dyno time and ecu tuning in order to make this tune take full advantage of this mod as i trust AA over other vendors as their quality of work and history speaks for itself.

they are planning to have a SI Z4 their during the tuning so we have a control, this way we can closley match then hopfully beat stock SI numbers.

once all the benchmarking is done i will post both before tune and after tune dyno charts. may have to disconnect the disa valves to get as close to a standard "I" as possable.

to those who do not want to wait to do this mod can go ahead and do it, AA has a modified 3.0I data already for $499 and you will be close to SI levels but will be a little short as its meant for other bmw models with a more restrictive exhaust.....we just discussed all this today with AA.

Last edited by -c-; 11-16-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 0