View Single Post
      11-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #13
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Not to get political here, but you brought it up... So we all cry over the apparent demise of the internal combustion engine and at the same time say some of us say the human race is doomed because of the election of Donald Trump as President. I find these thoughts a bit ironic since Mr. Trump's energy policy is to resurrect the coal industry, up-level the US gas and oil industry, and has stated he doesn't believe in the global warming hype (which basically bans the burning of carbon-based fuel). All of these things are completely anti and opposite of the Left-wing energy agenda of renewable and "sustainable" energy. The Liberal thought process which has 1) driven the auto industry to abandon the normally-aspirated internal combustion engine, 2) driven the auto industry to downsize engine displacement, which has lead to a plethora of turbo 4-cylinder 2.0L engines, 3) resolution of the German Parliament to ban the internal combustion engine essentially by the year 2030, and 4) eventually will kill the beautiful BMW in-line 6.

Donald Trump is our best hope for saving the internal combustion engine that we all so love and admire. (My good thought for my essay).
Well said....
Appreciate 1