11-24-2016, 06:13 AM   #12
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post
It is really scary, I was driving down a country road and noticed a 16-18 year old in a truck behind me and he was just at the point of tailgating. As I watched him I noticed, he never paid a bit of attention to what he was doing. He was constantly looking for something else to do; driving was just not keeping his attention (phone, radio, something in the passenger seat, phone...)
Maybe this new generation that grew up in the back of a mini-van with SpongeBob playing every second they were riding, has created a bunch of activity starved drivers. It really depresses me the amount of drivers I see glued to their phone, really? You cannot just drive?
As with this latest election, we (the human race) are all doomed.

On a positive note (as I was taught you always have a good thought at the end of an essay )

I drive a BMW Z4 3.0i, it only has 215 hp and it is really good that it does only have that few. She is the awesome color of White with red interior and makes me crazy happy to drive.

Steve

Sounds like a grandpaism: "back in my day we..."
Good thing i am a grandpa.
Not to get political here, but you brought it up... So we all cry over the apparent demise of the internal combustion engine and at the same time some of us say the human race is doomed because of the election of Donald Trump as President. I find these thoughts a bit oxymoronic since Mr. Trump's energy policy is to resurrect the coal industry, up-level the US gas and oil industry, and has stated he doesn't believe in the global warming hype (which basically bans the burning of carbon-based fuel). All of these things are completely anti and opposite of the Left-wing energy agenda of renewable and "sustainable" energy. The Liberal thought process which has 1) driven the auto industry to abandon the normally-aspirated internal combustion engine, 2) driven the auto industry to downsize engine displacement, which has lead to a plethora of turbo 4-cylinder 2.0L engines, 3) resolution of the German Parliament to ban the internal combustion engine essentially by the year 2030, and 4) eventually will kill the beautiful BMW in-line 6.

Donald Trump is our best hope for saving the internal combustion engine that we all so love and admire. (My good thought for my essay).
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 11-26-2016 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 0