nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
RPI exhaust Review

So got my RPI axle-back on about two weeks ago, but have only put about 300 miles on it so far. I'm interested to see how the tone is after a thousand miles or so.

Fit/Finish:
I didn't have the right metric sockets, so I had the dealer install it. The tech commented that it was one of the best fitting setups he's seen. Welds look good, and it was packaged great!

Looks:
The tip design works well for our cars, and I've gotten a handful of compliments on that. It's something different when every other car has one size of tips. Plus when looking at the car from the rear, you no-longer see the mufflers hanging down below the rear bumper.

Sound:
Yes, it's loud.
I mean really effing LOUD.

Drone on the freeway is intense to say the least, it feels like you're getting hit by a jackhammer. I'm working on sound deadening the trunk and I think that'll really help. Today I put a couch pillow in the lower recess of the trunk and it made a noticeable difference. I had two phone calls and while they both immediately said "you're in the car right?", neither had a problem hearing me during the conversation.
The burble and pops on downshifts and when letting off the throttle are downright intoxicating.

The car just sounds so mean!
The drone and all-around loudness is the only downside, but it sounds great from outside the car; the coupe just amplifies the sound.
Attached Images

Last edited by nmulax; 06-19-2010 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0