View Single Post
      03-09-2008, 04:01 AM   #1
1st_Knight
'Entwicklung 85 - Zukunft4'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 SMG DINAN S1

Dinan Free Flow Exhaust Installed!

Well, my Dinan Free Flow Exhaust System is installed.

And here is my story…

It was Friday evening, after work when I had picked up my exhaust from the Dealership. As for the box, that the exhaust came in, it was large. Large enough that there was no way it would have fit in the trunk of my Z4. However, it was fortunate that I had driven the X3 to work, so all went well.

Once I got home and I opened up the box, I realized that 65-70% of the box was filled with packing foam. Anyways, and after reviewing the instructions, I decided not to attempt the install myself. The very thought of any unforeseen problems that may arise from a home install had crossed my mind. Also, there would be no doubt that it would take me the entire day to do this installation. Most importantly, I also wanted the installation to be professionally done. I then removed the new exhaust from this large box and carefully placed it into my Z4 trunk, with lots of room to spare.

So at the crack of dawn when I had awakened at 5:45 a.m., excited I was about my new Dinan part. I did the three SSS’s, drank some coffee. I went online, did a quick research of several local muffler & exhaust shops here in San Diego, I selected one that was open at 7:00 a.m., then I immediately was out of the house.

Not much to write up, other than the muffler shop had excellent customer service and the technicians did an excellent job with the installation…

So here are some pics, they are not the greatest in the world, but hey…

Once I started her up, I had noticed that the exhaust sound was perfect, not too loud or not too low. The sound was now sporty. Once I got onto the open road, I really liked the crackling and popping sound during the downshifts…

The Box...

My OEM Exhaust with the chrome tips...

The Cutting...

The Clamps...

Installation complete...

The End...

Last edited by 1st_Knight; 03-11-2008 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0