View Single Post
      01-20-2021, 11:35 AM   #31
FarmerD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
Just an update for anyone who is thinking about doing this. Do NOT forget to re-use the OEM rubber shifter boot. I originally junked mine because it was easier and as a result the heat rising from that area was insane. It felt like you had the heater turned up to max all the time.

Needless to say, I had to do the entire unpleasant job twice as it was unbearable. Had to buy a new one and do a little trimming for it to fit, but after installing it the difference was incredible.
Hi mate

Quick Q - I have a psd shifter being installed next week and have a new oem dust boot ready to go on. It looks like you’ve just trimmed the top tube which the shaft goes through, and then bolted the shifter on top of the rubber on the transmission tunnel. Do you feel any slop/slack in the shift given the shifter cage is sitting on the rubber and not the chassis direct? Also I not you’ve not cut off the bottom of the boot? Does this interfere with the shift action?

Thanks for the idea of doing this in the first place - great encouragement to get on with it!
Appreciate 0