View Single Post
      03-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #21
prodigal_m
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Estoril Blue/Black F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa View Post
it is about a 250 dollar hike in price for a set of 4 in the size i'm looking for (245/35/19 275/30/19) other people's reviews have said to just spend the extra cash on the PSS because the longevity of treadwear would offset the price. and the michelins come with a 30k promise plan of sorts which i've been trying to grasp and see if i can legitimately get new tires from michelin (prorated or not) if i'm under 2/32nds in under 30k miles or 1 year AND they cannot attribute it to misuse

fat chance.

so the only negative your saying is its characteristics in the rain? what size were you running? another reason i'm leaning towards the PSS is because the comfort is supposed to be top notch for a performance tire...which i value because i'll be lowered on coilovers and running 19" RGRs.

decisionss..
When I was looking at tires last year the price difference was almost double between the NT05's and the PSS (in the sizes that you are getting.) I figure that I'm going to go through a set of rubber every year anyway so I typically go for more of a track oriented tire.

If I was also driving my car on the street on a regular basis the Michelin's would be a no brainer as the NT05's wear quickly, are loud and kind of suck in the rain (they are pretty much a track tire afterall.)
Appreciate 0