View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #34
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mnycars View Post
No, not yet. Radio and tv are hysterical about a pending storm. Here along the 401 it could be rain or snow. Took our 2 Goldens out. Cold rain; perhaps we will be lucky and have it turn to snow!

Traded the cr-v for a used Cadi-wagon with awd Put Michelin x-ice 3's on it. Tank!

It is a delight.

Took the P911 c4s/cab out in the last snow. Got it thoroughly stuck! With 4 Pirelli wannabe snow tires. Ugh. Frankly distressed with the tires we bought. Car is unsafe, and should be so much better. The S5 was much better....edit...I've NEVER stuck a car like that. 35 years as ski instructor, and 50+ years of driving in snow.

It is a light winter. Porsche is parked, and plugged in.

I still haven't been skiing. My wife has a number of times. I'm lucky to be working and enjoying it at 66.

Sure do like your touch. Wonderful photos. Even better tales! We now have the successor to your camera. Like it! (sharpened it up in "My Colors"). Monopod helps tame my shakes. Took a photo of 1/4 of the moon, full moon--at full zoom! Can't imagine being rich enough to buy the lens for my dslr that would allow me to do that! And I would have to hire a helper to carry it!

Best
DaveL
Dave,

I continue to stand in awe of you and your wife's ability to try out a variety of cars! I'm surprised that your awd 911 doesn't do better with snow tires. I guess Pirelli biased them more towards dry performance. My old 356 would go anywhere in the snow, even with its normal Michelin X tires.

On the other hand, the heater boxes had rusted away, and the car had zero heat or defrosting in the wintertime (or any other time)!

I'm glad you're getting some good use out of your new camera. The 40x zoom on mine is amazing, and I assume you got the SX50 IS.

Best wishes for an early Spring!

Rick
Appreciate 0