View Single Post
      06-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #90
dsgrillot
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M Roadster

DKF Hanger Installation Tips: 2008 Z4MR

This is a quick edit to my previous post below...I just got off the phone with Giovanni and the guys from DKF. They are working diligently to help me solve my install issue. At first, it looked like I installed the hanger backwards, then there was the possibility that my OEM hangers were different from the models they used to build their DKF hanger. We have spent quite a bit of time texting pictures back and forth and talking on the phone. The issue isn't resolved yet, but they are working hard to figure it out. At any rate, my original post is below if you want to look at the pictures and review my install challenges.

I decided to install the new DKF hangers on my old Diablo cans since my new Remus can were not cooperating (long story).

After tinkering with the new hangers, I am still not able to get them aligned very well. It looks like the slot on the new DKF hangers doesn't align very well in comparison to the hole on the old stock OEM hangers. See image:
Name:  IMG_0937.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  131.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0927.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  114.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0926.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  129.2 KB

The DKF slot doesn't allow for forward and backward movement, therefore I am not able to protrude the tips out very far from the bumper. This also causes some lateral torque on the Isolator (see picture).

Name:  IMG_0938.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  167.3 KB

Also, even though the slot allows for vertical movement, the highest adjustable setting is lower than the OEM hanger's hole (leaving the cans too low on the car).

I installed the DKF hanger on the right side and kept the OEM hanger on the left side so I could photo the difference. Clearly, the DKF hanger on the right hangs much lower than the OEM hanger on the left.

[ATTACH]Name:  IMG_0941.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  151.5 KB[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

M School

Last edited by dsgrillot; 06-24-2012 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: New Information
Appreciate 0