07-30-2010, 03:39 AM   #46
Beedub
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8tdog View Post
Remember ESS tunes a conservative non water/meth tune. They provide their numbers based on 91 octane as well. With 93 octane and stock U.S headers I don't think 420 whp will be a problem for VT2. With Euro spec headers it will be slightly better. ESS also uses a Vortech V3 blower which is capable of 775hp, so the workload isn't even close to some kits out there that damn near over spin to make similar numbers with water/meth and hot belts. These guys no their shit!... simple as that. If one chooses to go beyond their recommendations with a different pulley/belt and water/meth then way more is possible like other kits..... but, at your own risk. I like ESS because they actually take a balanced approach to forced induction. Cheers
i agree i have to say my vt1 runs strong on 100octane. very strong. your right fr8t i love the fact that the v3si is no-where near stressed on this application, blowing a tiny5-10psi this blower will last a long time, its not overspinning causing heat issues, its all in balance with the s54, ess did a very good job with the kit, infact EVERYONE that sees it is staggered by the qaulity of the kit. if i could ask for one thing thought? alittle more s/c noise!
Appreciate 0