View Single Post
      03-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #82
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

not really. lol even though this is a daily driver, i work within 5 miles from my house, go to school with 2 from my house.and since i got it back that is all i really have driven.i am at about 30 right now. lol.. ill get it done by the weekend. ill give a little update.

So after i go to install my dme, i see that i still have my service engine soon light ( still had it after i drove 15 miles. . I contacted roman and he said that i had to get my codes cleared. So i was going to do that this weekend, then all of the sudden today my light disappears! don't know what happened there but know i don't have to go get it cleared. I have about another 15 miles w/o light, so hopefully it will stay no light. Anyway about the tune.
As soon as i back out of the garage i noticed the difference. Your probably going to laugh, but i did. lol the throttle response is SOOOO much better now. The car is a lot smoother now. Before, you used to get a punch after 3500 rpms, now i feel you get it a lot sooner. Also the low and mid range is imroved really well. When i first got in the car i lost the auto up for the windows, but after a while they came back. I also noticed my exhaust tone is different. Before when i had my headers installed it was a lot raspier. I may be hearing things now but it definetly sounds different. This could be because i haven't driven the car in 3 days and don't remeber what it used to sound like, but i am pleased. I haven't driven the car hard yet, as i want to make sure everything is okay with the tune first, but i will go for a few runs this weekend. As of now i am very happy with the tune, and i feel that this is the way the car should have came from the factory. Also, sport mode is actually useable now. Before it was either all throttle or no throttle, but now it is a lot better.