07-05-2020, 09:06 PM   #73
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineGarage View Post
Hello everyone!
I just got the ESS 525 kit installed on my car. I would like to run the ProFlex Commander but I am trying to clarify if I need to make any changes to the fuel pump. I filled the tank with one gallon of e85 just the other day with no issues. I know the supercharger kit can handle a few gallons but my goal is to run a large amount of e85 mixed with 91. I live out in SoCal so the majority of pumps are 91. I was lucky enough to get an e85 station very close to home. Also a big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, it has been very informative!
I'm in SoCal as well. Are you running the canned tune that came with the ESS kit? And do you have software for data logging in the ECS programming. The injectors in the 525 kit as far as I know aren't capable of running full e85. If you have logging software once you install the kit you can check the fuel pressure and the injector duty cycle and add ethanol (starting around e30, go to e35, go to e40, etc. until you start running out of fuel.
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0