12-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #37
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
DSC that info was invaluable!!!!! thankyou very much bro!! great info on the buckel, i had a feeling you wouldnt feel "safe" by the looseness of it all.

in your opinion would a narrower seat be ideal??? i see recaro do the APEX and the furious, which is basically a narrow body PP.
Oh yea, I made a separate thread/post but another thing I found VERY helpful was to angle the front of the seat upwards or higher than the rear. When the seat was perfectly level, I found that my back got really tired after a weekend at the track. It's a lot of stress on your lower back to keep your body fully upright, especially during performance driving.

By angling the front of the seat higher, it forces your butt to sit further back and takes the stress off the lumbar area (your lower back is fully flush with the seat and is better supported). Not to mention you're a little more secure under braking. If there's 4 slots on the front of the side mount, I put the front on 2nd highest and rear at the lowest. Ironically you also gain a little headroom this way because the roof curves down towards the windshield. This new seating position puts your head a little further back. Since switching my seat to this position, I did 4 additional track days and not a single day of back pain, it's 10x more comfortable.