View Single Post
      08-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #18
weeks252010
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Could be power from the "start" position on the ignition switch isn't being relayed to the starter. Then again, it could be a lot of things. Sounds like you have enough juice (jump with a truck flowing juice to the car), and the starter has tested out okay.

Are you getting any power to the starter at all with the key in "start" position? If not, the issue may be with something electronic (relays, modules, anti-theft, etc.) or may be the ignition switch itself. Wait, you don't have some ignition kill alarm thing installed right (stupid question, but hell, thought I'd ask).

It may be time to find a good indie BMW shop and call it a day. If you can push start the car, get it running, and drive and get it checked.
The starter doesn't get any power at all, I had it taken out and tested at the auto parts store and it tested good.
I'm thinking it is something electrical considering how much of a hassle german electrics can be but I really don't know.
No, I do not have any kind of ignition kill alarm.

I thought about taking it to the BMW dealership but the car is uninspected and unregistered and I'm in somewhat of a hole right now financially so I can't afford to put hundreds into the car at this moment in time. However, my room-mate is a chevy mechanic so I'm hoping we can figure without having to spend hundreds to tow the car to the dealership and hundreds just to have the bmw mechanic tell me what's wrong nevermind actually fixing(hopefully it's nothing serious). I'm praying it's something simple
Appreciate 0