View Single Post
      08-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Silververtu
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Amish & Winery Cruise by ZBimmers

Come join Terry and Tina (they also answer to T&T) Palmer on Saturday, Aug 18, for a day of history, legends and twisties in Amish Country. Did I mention that wineries are on the itinerary?

Here’s how they describe the day:

Our drive departs at 10:30am from the Circle K Gas station at 3899 Eastern Road in Norton, OH. You’ll drive through Rouge’s Hollow (aka Ohio’s Sleepy Hollow), a nearly forgotten ghost town in Doylestown, that was reputedly haunted by everything from ghostly miners to giant snakes to the devil himself, and named for the rascals and unprincipled people living in the area over 150 years ago. Legend says Jesse James sought and found refuge in the hollow. For the Z’s, the hollow makes a great drive with its winding roads and steep rock walls.

You’ll enjoy lunch at the Amish Door Village (1210 Winesburg St., Wilmot, 888.264.7436). If you have never eaten at the Amish Door, you are in for a treat. There is a specialty shop above the restaurant and a Bakery that is the best. Do taste the Peanut Butter Whip, on the homemade bread or on the delicious pudding. It is to die for!
After lunch, you’ll be cruising past buggies and Amish homes, through some of the most awesome scenery that Amish country has to offer. Also with all the curvy twisty roads we could find!

All this driving works up a thirst, so there are two winery stops to end the day. Breitenbach Winery (5934 Old SR 39 NW, Dover, 330.343.3603) also gives tours at $3.00 per person. After Breitenbach, wander across the street to the Broad Run Cheese and Winery (6011 Old Route 39 NW, Dover, 330.343.4108). Be sure to visit the gift shops at both wineries.
Since we know you like a fun drive with good food, delicious baked goods, shopping and wine to wash it all down, please RSVP ASAP (no later than the 11th) to busy08@yahoo.com so we can turn in our counts to the business.

Here's the standard boilerplate for the T&T Drive. Please join us for the entire trip or just the part that's convenient for you. Bring along all the Zs that you can find. Dress appropriately for the temperature because we drive regardless of weather. Don't forget sunscreen and sun glasses if it's bright. Have a full tank of gas to start the drive. Bring your Talkabouts and camera. Do visit zbimmers.org for information and history of our adventures.

Gone but not forgotten:
2006 2.0T A4 Avant, 2007 Z4 Roadster 3.0si, 2006 M Roadster, 2013 550i M Sport, 2015 Cayman S, 2015 X5 50i M Sport
Appreciate 0