11-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #20
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Yea but at very least if you picked up something that has 50k and hasn't imploded yet, chances are it's one of the ones that wasn't built on Fridaiy lol.

New cars just don't do it for me, everything in the past 3 years is too big, too heavy, too expensive. The only cars that I can see myself driving aside from the e86 is the previous gen Boxster or S2000 - and only b/c if I'm looking for a 2nd toy, I want top down =)
Good point on the Boxster. S2000 is also on my short list for a top-down toy if I ever had the room. I have a buddy with a 2002 supercharged S2K. It gives the Z4M a run for its money.

Totally agree on new cars. With the exception of the 1M, which has what I'd look for, except of course the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Agree. I've started looking for an E30M3 as well as an E28M5 (E39 me like too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Agree. I've started looking for an E30M3 as well as an E28M5 (E39 me like too)
Met a friend of a friend I met two weekends ago who is working on a E36 M3 turbo build. He's expecting to get at least 600 RWHP, on intake and exhaust manifolds good for 1K HP at the crank. (Several kits out for that car.) He's a machinist/fabricator, and has already upgraded the suspension (AST, other bits), full custom exhaust, reinforcements, etc. I've driven the E36, and it's a really well balanced car. Ought to be quite a hoot with that power level.

GL with your search. Finding a nice E30M3 is a quest, but worth it!
Appreciate 0