04-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #28
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Yeah, sorry about that last line. This is the first time I'm organizing an event so it's eye opening how much the cost are associated. I used to think doing this stuff is expensive until I actually saw the breakdown of the cost. It's not a cheap sport.

It's the same reason why Golden Gate can't afford to do events at Sears Point. I believe during the warmer season it's $18,000 a day to rent.

BUT, it (Auto Club Speedway) is a popular track located near a large metropolitan area, within 30 minute drive of most of our customers...If you factor in the fact that local, L.A. people will not need to get a hotel room AND a tank of gas to get to the track, that $325 all of a sudden looks a lot more promising.

Right now, if we get more than 65 customers then we can potentially make a small contribution back to the chapter's operational coffer. That's why I've been on all the boards spamming for the event.
325 really isn't bad. First, there's the instruction (worth every penny). Second, like Hack says, local folks don't need a hotel room or gas.

I spend about 150 per event on hotel and gas just to be at Thunderhill (getting up at 4:30 AM on a track day just doesn't work for me). Even if I run with a less expensive outfit, it still comes to very close to the cost of this event without the added benefit of instruction.

Again, local L.A. folks really ought to be jumping on this IMO. If I were local, I would be there no question.
Appreciate 0