06-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
Wouldn't it be easier if someone who has the ESS handheld device emails you their map rather than ship the whole ECU?
No, im talking with the programmer at ESS direcly and they have not done this particular car before and they have nothing for it.

what im having done is completley new for them, so they need both ECU's
they need the SI's ecu to copy it then my ecu to write the new code to.

here is a few emails they have sent me to give you an idea of what i need to do.

"It is no problem to port ECU software. Most tuners can not do it because it requires base level programming. They can normally only tweak the maps currently on the ECU.

Can you send me a 30si ECU and your i ecu both with same ECU hardware #? If so I am pretty confident I can crack it quick.

Regards,

Yes, I need a stock Si ECU and your ECU.

Since this is a prototype deal, I will only charge you if we are successful and that includes tuning the Si software.

Regards,

Hi Christian,

It is completely possible to reprogram your ECU to 3.0Si spec. I do alot of ECU software swaps between engine models in all different types of BMW ECU's. However I have not done this particular one yet, but with some R&D time I am sure I can do it.

The problem is that you are in IN, if the car were local to us (AZ) this would be no problem at all.

I will look a little into it on my end and see what can be done remotely.

Regards,"
Appreciate 0