05-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachss View Post
Didn't the 3-series folks work all this out a year ago? To get the Z4 3.0si (or 330i) power out of a 3.0i (or 328i) you need to 3-stage manifold and a tune. Gintani/OE tune works as do others. Straight tune without the manifold gets you about 10 hp on the 3.0si. I think maybe a bit more on the 3.0i, but to see the full gains you'll need the si manifold. Search around on e90post and you'll find details.
Not so

The guy (e90 pilot) with the gintani tune OE. Tune had bad spark knocking with that tune and went with the AA tune, even AA said they can get close to SI numbers but are still 10 HP or so off due to ecu restrictions....if we go ess route you will have all the SI numbers and more with an advanced SI tune ...so up to 25 HP over where the AA tune or gintani tune will get you.

I have the manifold already but from all my searching not any tuner has been able to do a straight rewrite as this will be more than a tune but a complete rework of the system.

My direction is to get the max and with a complete SI format its possible but even AA said its not possible without a complete format and their not interested. That's the difference between tuners and tru programmers....

i have some other comitments at this time, so no rush. id be looking to do this sometime in july, i may just buy the ECU out of the totaled car and then get the car dynoed and post before and after results.

ill keep you all posted reguardless.

Last edited by -c-; 05-31-2011 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0