View Single Post
      01-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #11
khalidc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Hi Mike, no I wasn't present throughout the entire process. The mechanic, not BMW authorized, removed both seats, removed and checked the motor ( which was in perfect condition) and then checked the left and right roof hinges. The left roof hinge was leaking and had to be replaced. I flew in the part ( cost $465) from ecstuning and had it installed today. Today he just took out the passenger seat and replaced the faulty hinge. Then came the tricky part of roof timing. A couple of hours back he fixed that too but says that I need to replace a sensor for when the roof goes down, it doesn't catch on to the latch and the light keeps blinking. I, for one, do not care anymore asking as the roof keeps going up and down, I don't care about the blinking light on the roof down button. I have taken a pic with the seat out but I don't think it would be of much use to you. I don't know if you need to remove both seats to get to the motor or just the passenger seat but I know for sure it can be done via this route and is probably easier.
Khalid.
Appreciate 0