View Single Post
      05-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #37
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFromTucson View Post
Did anyone have problems bleeding their clutch after the CDV delete? This weekend I installed a Rogue SS clutch line (and removed the CDV), plus I installed Stoptech SS brake lines.

I had just enough fluid to bleed everything. My brake pedal felt good with the car still on jackstands, but the clutch pedal drops straight to the floor. Now I'm waiting for more ATE super blue fluid to arrive while I wonder if I just need to bleed the clutch again, or if I've got bigger problems.

I hope I don't have to remove the slave cylinder and buy one of those slave cylinder bleeding tools. It looked like removing the slave would be a tight fit.
It is pretty easy to remove the slave cylinder to bleed it vertically. instead of the special tool, all you need is a piece of steel strapping or Dexion or similar, together with two nuts and bolts of the right length to allow the piston to be compressed by placing the strapping across the top of the piston and the bolts through both the cylinder mounting holes and holes in the strapping.
Appreciate 0