View Single Post
      07-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #74
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Really like your suspension comparison. Can't wait to hear about the Club Sport, but it sounds like the KW3 really was your favorite for mixed street /track use. Do you think it would still win if you had put the assistor spring on the GC setup. Did you use a camber plate with the KW V3? I see one on the GC, and didn't see if you reused.

This is a great addition to the forum and knowledge base for M Coupe tuning. My hat off to you!!!
Thanks, I’m glad you are finding this thread useful.

For “mixed street / track use,” I would still recommend the KWV3’s. I think this is the most versitile kit out there for our cars.

The ride quality of the GC kit was very track oriented, so nowhere near as comfortable as the KWV3’s for street use. I prefer the more aggressive track dedicated suspension, and don’t mind the compromise in comfort (my wife strongly disagrees and wishes I was still running the V3’s ). If I had used assistor springs on the GC kit and they got rid of the coil chatter, then I may not have gone to the KW clubs sports.

I was not using camber plates with the KWV3’s, I did max out the factory camber settings though. If I had kept the V3’s, I would have added camber plates because I prefer to run close to -3.0 up front.