View Single Post
      09-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #17
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
The wiring has been cleaned up and to my knowledge zero codes are being thrown now.
If your car goes into emergency mode (that's what this is, revs limited to 1500rpm), then there must be a code. Use INPA, DIS or Rheingold to get the correct EOBD code.
Get that code. Now it's just a useless guessing game. And I mean the specific code with bmw's description, not some dodgy description as 'the o2 sensor gave 'a' code.
So for example a screenshot like this:

buying a non runner with engine swap and tuning is a sure way to disaster, but you probably know that by now.
You never know what the previous botcher did. He might have been cutting wires in the middle of the of one of the wiring loom for all you know. (Not that I'm saying he did, but the problem is that you don't know what he did because you weren't standing next to him)

This problem is way too complicated to solve with ample info. I mean if your performance shop already has problems troubleshooting..
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 09-24-2015 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0