View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wierd throttle response

So today when I was out driving my Z4 M Coupe I noticed something I've never experienced before. I was cruising along in 6th gear and was going to drive past a car. I shifted down to 4th and the car settled at about 3000 rpm, as I was going to drive past I floored it. The revs raced about 500 rpm then it dropped about 100-200 rpm and then continued to accelerate like normal. Wierd or what?

And no, I didn't slip the clutch. Though the feeling was similar to clutch slip. 4th was fully engaged before I floored the pedal. DSC? Doubt it in 4th gear. Either way I tried it a few more times. Cruising at 3000 rpm in 4th and flooring it. Sometimes it accelerated all the way without the "Clutch slip feel". But more often this problem occured. I tried it with and without sport mode, same shit.

Has anyone of you noticed this before? Do I have to reset the throttle response? Is it some built in drive train protection?

I might mention that I usually push the throttle more "linear". Not flooring it all of a sudden, like I did today.
Appreciate 0