View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #101
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Due to be completed in two weeks (saw this post).
As always Finnegan is like a hawk...sees everything...

He's right, went in to get it built and we found out that the AR25's were just a tiny bit too long (too close for comfort to suspension components and that structural plate), so I had to return those and get different resonators. Still going to use the AT2525's, but now am going to go with some generic brand 9" long resonators (AR25's were about 12") in the X pipe section. I've just been busy though so would have done it sooner but new plan is to go in on the 9th which is a few Saturdays from now.

Plan is to build a custom X Pipe by removing the OEM resonating section and installing the straight through resonators further back toward the car, closer to the mufflers, then the two AT2525's at the end finished off with some dual slant cut staggered 3.5" tips that have been hi temp powder coated black. Also mounting the mufflers with the DKF hangers. Hopefully this will keep the aggressive tone while cutting down some drone and vibration since I plan on installing my EU headers later in May/June.
Appreciate 0