View Single Post
      10-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #13
themenacedesigns
Rep
Drives: 06 z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
This might sound elementary but are your battery terminals clean & oxidation free, and tightened sufficiently? Another thing that I'm sure the shop would have checked, but worth asking regardless.

I could be wrong but I'd guess this sounds related to either battery connection or the cable as AriuSen suggested. The fact the car won't start if the top won't operate is just indicative that the system isn't getting enough juice, hence the dead battery "click" when you then turn the ignition. Then, when the jumper box is connected to the front terminal, you're bypassing the battery connection, allowing the vehicle to start. It could be intermittent due to a wire or cable moving around - sometimes it ends up with a fair enough connection, sometimes it doesn't.

Did the shop say they were able to pull any codes? No SES light doesn't mean the car isn't throwing a code, this could help.
Brand new OEM battery put in about 2 months ago of which I thought would fix the issue but didn't. Therefore no oxidation etc. 2nd time though I heard could be issue with cable. Another guy said his positive cable was issue when he has similar problem. I will check into that but other then that I'm stuck fml
Appreciate 0