10-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #250
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
I have to say I've tried a few different things to get the perfect shifting, from small mods to forcing myself to let the clutch out slower. End of day, the one mod that I was most skeptical of (based on its price) turned out to the be the best in terms of effectiveness - the Mason Engineering clutch pedal. I bought it after reading Bill's review but its really amazing, the engagement point is so precise. Between that, ssk, Jaffster, cdv delete and RE trans mounts I have *smooth*, precise, short shifts. I actually reverted to the stock clutch stop too.

http://www.billswebspace.com/BMWZ4MM...stallation.htm

+1 on the Mason Engineering Clutch. Much more solid feelling arm & engagement. He can adjust the angle of the arm too, to lower the default resting point of the clutch, if you ask. Great for those of us with artifical knees.

Also, Royal Purple Synchromax Manual Trans fluid is HUGELY bettter than OEM fluid for smoothing out notchy shifter. Dealership recently replaced my MTF at Inspection II. Difference was noticibly harder & notchier. Replaced it myself with RP two days later; night and day improvement.

Last edited by blender; 10-12-2012 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0