WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank382 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I honestly wouldn't do the RPI's, my old setup I did no secondary cats and no mufflers and it's horrible for daily driving/drone in general. If I were to do it again I would do headers+section 1 (no secondary cats) and leave the stock Xpipe and mufflers. That's what I'm going to be doing on my current car. If it's a track car or you want the big weight savings from eliminating the mufflers that's another thing.
Gotcha yea it seems catless headers are the way to go for the best sound. I'm taking my mufflers off tonight actually just to see how it sounds/drones but if I go the headers route I gotta do more research to see if I can pass inspection in NJ with a tune. I don't really want to mess with the stock tuning and do anything more aggressive but gotta see if the software will alter the readiness reading (not sure if thats the right term) to allow me to pass.

Choosing the right exhaust setup is proving to be a lot more complicated than I expected with this car. The catless
/tuning road is not a path I want to go down lol Was thinking E46 M3s all sound great so picking a setup with the z4m should also be a piece of cake but that is proving to not be the case
If you don't want to do any more power mods then just do a muffler delete and leave it as that. When you touch anything else it will drone like crazy. Once you remove the cats in section 1 or do headers it becomes loud! I'm in a roadster so the sound is even louder but you don't want your interior to be rattling.
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0