Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
If you're on track you should always keep the time you're in the clutch to a minimum and NEVER spend any time in neutral. And in a manual while braking in gear it actually takes less brake energy to slow the car down because the engine supplies compression braking.
a rookie question here.... I have always liked this ^ method and this is how I slow down (braking while in gear) on the street. A question though... is it bad technique to intentionally NOT rev match or blip prior to letting out the clutch during a downshift, for the reason of using the engine to slow the car down into a turn and then gently get back on the throttle near the apex? basically, engine braking into the turn to supplement brake pedal. One main issue I find is that its hard to do this smoothly and its probably rough on the clutch. hmmm, maybe i just anwered my own question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestheticstorm View Post
I'm the same way. I find my sequential brake-then-rev technique to be precise and good enough for me. I can spend more time thinking about my line than worrying about my foot placement.
Been working on this ^. it just seems to feel pretty good on the road and its easier to start out with.