07-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
Nhopkins1394
Accountant, 1st Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roadster, Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadaclue View Post
I thought it was interesting that Gary had decided to sell these into North America, I had contacted him back in late March when he announced he was going to make them and he wouldn't sell me one since I'm in the US.

Then I saw he disabled the remote top up for the North American cars.

He told me the reason he wouldn't initially sell me one was he felt that people from the US were too litigious and he didn't want to deal with someone hurting themselves with the top since there is no safety sensor in case something (i.e. body part) is in the way of the top closing.

The whole reason I wanted this was for the remote top up, so it'd be easier to get out of the car and have the top go up as I walked away. Being 6'4", it's just easier to climb in and out without the top in the way.

Ditto. This has to be THE MOST important mod I could ever have added to my convertible. By far.
I ,too, am 6'6" and I want to get out, walk away, and have the top go back up and lock.
It is a dream come true!
I must have bought mine around the end of March or so.
30 minutes to install (including.....but then, I read the whole manual first.)

Works Great.
Oh, I have to hold the key to my head like Jeremy on Top Gear. I must look so funny but it woks every time!