10-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.0si View Post
i have just the driver's side done. i plan on disassembling it, documenting, mirroring for the passenger's, writing up the DIY, and posting all by saturday night.

i have no idea who Pegasus is...? what you see above is a mix between E90LCI brake ducts and an internal bass port from partsexpress.com. it sounds ghetto when i say it out loud, but it actually works pretty well.

no issues that i've seen from full lock, but i'll keep an eye on it. the air guide does not go through the fog lamp access panel. instead, i've positioned the exit farther in, and slightly lower, than the ///m cars' duct exit. it seemed silly to me to dump the air onto the tire when going straight. the way i have it positioned, the air is sent inside. a better way to say it is... with the wheels straight and you're looking through the duct, you can directly see the brakes, knuckle, etc.
Sorry in the other thread I had linked a site for Pegasus racing which sells race parts, which include brake cooling/ducting parts. Thought maybe you used those.

I look forward to your writeup. I didn't really get to push the car at the track last weekend but hope to do so at the next event. Better fluid and pads help but seems like you can't go wrong with enough cooling.

Curious to see how you actually routed the tubing. I hate the idea of having to cut any parts, even if it's fender but would do so if it were minimal. Since you've only done 1 side, you could technically test the effectiveness of your mod if you had access to a pyrometer & fun empty roads =)