View Single Post
      09-08-2020, 09:49 PM   #24
ClickAndClack
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stw0rldpr0blems View Post
Those 2 cables you're talking about, they weren't plugged into anything. They were loose cables tucked away behind my amplifier. I believe they're supposed to be for your CD changer if your car is so equipped. So if you have a CD changer, you'll need to unplug from the changer, if you don't have a CD changer, they should be loose wires tucked behind the amp just like mine.

You may not even need to remove the amp, I definitely removed more pieces than I needed to b/c it was my first time and I wasn't sure what I was doing. However, if I did not remove the amp, I would not have seen the wires. Also, the amp is secured to a bracket with a velcro strap. I removed the entire bracket but thats not necessary either, you just need to remove the velcro strap and the amp should come out.
Yup, I pretty much did the same. Probably removed more than I needed to, but did that so I wouldn't damage anything. Did you find a loose coax cable in your car? I didn't find one in mine.

As 1stworldproblems mentioned, the connectors that are used are the pre-wire for the CD changer. For me, they were in that hole next to the DSP. Took me a while to find them with my hand.

1stworldproblems, do the auto-lock comfort settings work for you? It didn't work for me and I sent an email off to Ted about it. He said he will be looking into it.
Appreciate 0