06-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #21
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh View Post
So how much camber do you run with the washers? Any negative effect on daily street driving?

Yes the 245 square setup may be a little overboard but after today I will take loose over tight. I assume your running 245/275 setup?

Thanks.
You should be able to get about -2.0 with the washers--you can probably add one more and take it to -2.5.

Just had Skelekitty's ///M aligned and used the Turner bolt kit, and they put the washer kit on before alignment. The prior alignment, barely got to -1.0, with just the washers and before they dialed in changes the camber in front was -1.9. I had them dial things in front to -1.5, and went -1.8 rear. -1.5 compared to -1.0 is very noticeable--the turn-in is so much crisper and sharper it's not even the same car!

We'll see how SK likes this, and if she wants more we'll go -2.0. That's as far as I really think we want to go with street settings--but I can see where you'd easily want more (like maybe even -3.0) for autox. I'm pretty sure you can't get that w/o plates though, which would put the car in another class. But I'm impressed with how the .5 change up front really makes a difference! It's so much sharper and responsive! The "stock" setup when we got the car was -.1 up front--which was understeer/plow city. Damn it was bad; going to -1.0 with pins pulled was better; -1.5 is better yet.

Alignment:

Front:
Camber -1.5
Caster: 6.0
Toe: .08
SAI: 15.6
Included Angle: 14.1
Cross Camber: 0
Cross Caster: -0.5
Cross SAI: 0.3
Total Toe: 0.17
Rear:
Camber: -1.8
Toe: .22
Cross Camber: -0.1
Total Toe: 0.43
Thrust Angle: 0.01
Oh, also had the CDV deleted...wonderful mod. Much easier to modulate and control the clutch and drive smoothly! I highly recommend both mods (Turner washer kit and CDV delete).

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
It was a bit of a understatment when I said "glorified washer kit." I bought the turner kit over just using washers because I like how the spacers bridge the gap between the two strut bolts. It just seemed worth the price because of how it was a more structural part.

I have no need for my kit any more so if you want it you are more then welcome to have it for free... you just gotta pay for shipping which shouldn't be much.
Hey, I meant to thank you for the offer! I'd already ordered the kit though. If you still have it maybe JBH would be interested. Looks like he probably needs that washer kit

Last edited by Finnegan; 06-28-2010 at 01:50 AM..
Appreciate 0