View Single Post
      06-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
jbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

What to do on Z4M for AutoX

Hey everyone,
I just purchase a 2007 Z4M roadster today and will pick it up Monday. Long story short, I thought I was going to buy one last year but talked myself into the cheaper 2006 350Z roadster, but I have been missing the M engine ever since so I fixed that today.

I have been AutoXing the 350 quite a bit, with some time trials also. Just for some background - it has a little understeer from the factory with staggered setup 225/245. Only thing I did was go square 245x4 and it took some out but still has a little, nothing the throttle will not fit. I also ran on Z1 star specs and really liked them.

Now I am getting this Z4M and I understand it has quite a bit of understeer stock. What do you suggest to get the car somewhat competitive (the 350Z was really not that competitive but I was generally 2 seconds away from really fast cars (except Z06). I plan to get a second set of wheels to run star specs on for events on the Z4M. What size tire setup will dial out the understeer to make it more neutral. Also I understand I can take out the alignment pins to get a little negative camber in front, but will that be enough? I am not really worried about SCCA classing because I usually run with PCA, BMW, S2000 group, so they have their own classing.

I don't want to go too crazy because I really want to do this on the cheap and in a year buy a cheap miata to make as a pure track/autoX only car. I want to keep the Z4M as a comfy daily driver. But I don't think I can stay away from racing for that long so I better run the Z4M.

Let me know what you guys think.
Appreciate 0