View Single Post
      07-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #34
jbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Ok, I just go back from an AutoX on the same surface as I ran before. This time I was not on the stock tires but on my Star Specs size 245/45 R18 on all four. So I elimated the stagger between front and rear and also have stickier tires.

The car had much better braking capabilityies today, but not as much as I would like. The car had a much better feel, less understeer but it was still present. The course was a short course, about 35 seconds and it was mostly tight, this is where the understeer was present. On one fast part which was a gentle left curve I could get pretty close to the top of 2nd gear the understeer was not as bad, failry decent. I really thought I would get more oversteer by reducing stagger by 30MM. Its possible that on a faster course this may be the case with this setup.

Next week if conditions permit I will run with the BMW club on a much larger pad so speeds should be a little higher.

I know I need some front negative camber, even just the stock setup with pins removed would help but I don't know how much I have right now. I may get it aligned before next week beore the event.

I think I am real close to how fast I was in my 350Z roadster based on times of people I run with so hopefully I can improve it a little to get faster since this is only the second time in this car. One fustrating thing today is I got the 1st to 2nd gear grind in 2 of my runs, first time its ever happened to me so far.
Appreciate 0