06-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I'm running 245/275. With a washer I got to about -1.7. I may be forced to get camber plates because for the street I wouldn't want to go much more, but for autox I'd like even more.

Turn is is a lot quicker with the washers, and my outside tire wear has been reduced but not elimiated. I don't know what the long term wear is for daily street driving, as mine is a weekend car.
That ties to what we saw. The "before" camber on the front after they just put in the washers (with old alignment with pins pulled, which was -1.0) put the camber at -1.9 left and -1.7 right. (Had that moved to -1.5 as we're incrementally modding the camber--and it's for street driving.)

I agree, on the street I don't think we'd want much more than -1.7 either, and the plates seem to be the thing to do for more/adjustability. But doesn't using plates bump you up a class for AutoX? I wonder if you could squeeze in another washer?

I need to get under the car and see if the bolt/nut have enough length/thread to allow that safely--I think that's where you're going given you have the kit and are circling for F360C's kit I wonder if going "to far" with the additional washer option might adversely affect the suspension geometry given "where" the camber is being applied versus a camber plate? I seem to recall someone raising that issue or saying it was an issue--but I can't find the post/thread.
Appreciate 0